Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


I have had some great photos come in recently, mostly from schools. It’s a bit of a stretch but I thought Mother’s Day was a good a reason as any to show them to you.
Our most regular contact with schools is through donations we make for fetes and Mother’s Day stalls. It’s sad but true that even in a week like this one where we are struggling to find stock to fill all our orders we still have plants that are no longer usable in retail nurseries. Generally they’re just too big, so we are happy to do something for the community.
I really get a kick from the plants that go for gardening projects at school. We were supporting the Gould Group and their Multicultural Schools gardens, but unfortunately they have since closed their doors. I’m pleased to report that we have maintained contact with a few of these schools. We have also had calls from schools participating in the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program. I love the tag: growing, harvesting, preparing, sharing.
So, if we can help at your kid’s or grand kid’s school or your community garden, church or garden club please don’t be shy. All I ask in return is that you help me get in contact with your community… and send me some photos so I can show them off.
By the way, I was trying to show off some photos here but my isp is having a go slow and I can't work out how to set up a slide show so please follow this link to our web site to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet Garden Bloggers