Monday, June 8, 2015

Please help support a great cause

I haven't previously misused this blog, but I will break that rule for a very special cause.  In the dim and distant past I used to play drums in a band, the Watchmen... that's the top of my head in the picture.  In my life outside of being a nurseryman I have also volunteered for nearly 30 years with Lord Somers Camp and Power House.  Through LSC&PH I have helped run camps for Very Special Kids, The Mirabelle Foundation and young adults with disabilities, I have also spent many hours building and maintaining facilities at the camp in Somers.

Well now I'm trying to raise funds for LSC&PH and to do this we are getting the band back together.  We are holding a fund raising reunion gig at Power House on Sunday 5h July at 2.00pm.  I'm not necessarily asking you to come along to the gig, (it will be pretty rough I can assure you, most of us haven't played seriously for 20 years) but it would be great if you could sponsor my embarassment to the tune of $5-10.00.

To support this cause please follow this link and pledge a donation. If you're really keen come down to Power House on the 5th July, Gold coin donation entry.

Cheers



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing helpful information, I really like your all post. I will bookmark your blog for future updates. I am also providing Down Under Stump Grinding is Stump removal in Perth . many person find How to remove a stump by company

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are indeed doing a great job and I hope that you find ease in doing your work. Your posts are awesome and for the following post I wish you best for your campaign.

    ReplyDelete

Meet Garden Bloggers